The experts from one of the top bank coaching center in Chennai have said some facts about SBI recruitment and you may also know the eligibility criteria to become a SBI employee. Let us discuss it in detail…
Quick Facts About SBI:
- The origins of the State Bank Of India date back to 1806 in the Bank Of Calcutta
- As an entity, State Bank Of India came into existence post-independence, when Imperial Bank Of India became State Bank Of India in 1955
- SBI is the oldest commercial bank in the Indian Subcontinent
- It is the largest banking and financial services company in India by assets
- As of 2014, SBI claims to employ over 2,22,000 employees
- It has over 17,000 branches in India 190 overseas.
What Kind Of Jobs Can You Get In SBI?
- Probationary Officers (PO)
- Management Trainee (MT)
- Specialist Officers
- Clerical Cadre (Clerks)
- Assistant Posts
List Of SBI Associate Banks:
SBI now has 5 associate banks, currently. It initially had 8 since 1959.
- The State Bank Of Mysore
- The State Bank Of Travancore
- The State Bank Of Hyderabad
- The State Bank Of Patiala
- The State Bank Of Bikaner and Jaipur
Basic Eligibility Criteria For PO And Clerk Posts In SBI:
For PO Exams:
- The candidates must be an Indian national. Also, he/she should possess a residence certificate as a proof of the same.
- Age between 21 to 30 years
- Education: Graduate Degree from any Government recognized university from any discipline or any equivalent qualification.
- Candidates of distance learning programs are not considered eligible.
For Clerk Exams:
- The candidates must be an Indian national. Also he/she should possess a residence certificate as a proof of the same.
- Age between 18 to 28 years
- Education: Candidates who have cleared their 12th standard may apply if they have a minimum of 60%. Also, they should have done a diploma in Computers.
- For OBC Candidates, the minimum score requirement is 55%, while it is 50% in case of SC or ST Candidates.
Exam Pattern For SBI Online Recruitment Exams:
PO Exam Pattern:
- Reasoning section: 50 marks
- English Language (objective): 50 marks
- Quantitative Reasoning: 50 marks
- General Awareness, Computer and Marketing: 50 marks
- English Language (Descriptive): 50 marks
- Total marks: 250
Clerk Exam Pattern:
- General awareness: 40 marks
- English Language: 40 marks
- Quantitative Aptitude: 40 marks
- Reasoning Ability: 40 marks
- Marketing/Computer: 40 marks
- Total: 200 marks
Next Stage After Online Exams:
Personal Interviews And Group Discussions:
- Having cleared the online exam, the candidates will receive call letters for the next round of the exam: Personal Interviews and Group Discussions
- Only after successfully clearing this round, will the candidate be selected for a Bank Job!
Quick Tips To Crack SBI Exams:
- Refer books on SBI Exams that have good reviews online
- Get trained from one of the top bank exams and TNPSC coaching centre in Chennai.